Panel To Review New Designs for 2009 Abraham Lincoln Commemorative Coin
WHAT: The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting November 13 at 9:00 a.m. (ET) at United States Mint Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business associated with the CCAC’s responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
TOPICS (subject to change):
* Presentation of new design candidates for the 2009 Abraham Lincoln Commemorative Coin. Public Law 109-285 authorizes the United States Mint to strike collectible silver $1 coins to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth.
* Discussion of other general business.
WHO: Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC advises the Secretary of the Treasury:
* On any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
* With regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
* With respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
WHEN: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 9:00 a.m. (ET)
WHERE: United States Mint
801 9th Street NW
Washington D.C. 20220
Note:Anyone interested in submitting topics for the CCAC’s consideration is invited to fax them to 202-756-6830. Anyone interested in participating in the meeting should call 202-354-7502 for updated information on meeting time and location. Members of the news media are welcome.
Press inquiries: Michael White (202) 354-7222
Customer Service information: (800) USA MINT (872-6468)