Panel Will Hold Public Forum and View Design Candidates for 2007 Commemorative Coin and Snow Medal
The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will meet Friday, August 18 at the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money® in Denver, Colorado at 10 a.m.
The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business associated with the CCAC’s responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
The United States Mint will present new design candidates to the CCAC for the obverse (heads side) and reverse (tails side) of the:
• 2007 Little Rock Central High School Desegregation 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins
• Medal for the 73rd Secretary of the Treasury, John W. Snow
• Proposed 2008 First Spouse reverse design narratives also will be reviewed.
The CCAC will also hold a PUBLIC FORUM in which those attending the convention may share their thoughts regarding American coin design.
Who: Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
• Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
• Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
• Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
When: Friday, August 18, 2006, 10 a.m. (MT)
Public Forum: 11 a.m. (MT)
Note: The CCAC meeting and Public Forum is open to the public. News media are welcome.
Where: American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money®
Colorado Convention Center, Room 706 Denver, Colorado
Press inquiries: Michael White (202) 354-7222
Customer Service information: (800) USA MINT (872-6468)