2009 First Spouse Design Candidates & 2009 Native American $1 Coin Design Narratives To Be Reviewed
The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting at 1:00 p.m. (ET) on April 22, 2008, at United States Mint headquarters at 801 9th Street NW, Washington D.C. 20220. The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business related to the CCAC’s responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
Agenda (subject to change):
* Review design candidates for 2009 First Spouse Gold Coins and Bronze Medals
* Review 2009 design narratives for the Native American $1 Coin Program
* Other general business.
Who: Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, commemorative coins, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
When: Tuesday, April 22, 2008, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (ET)
Where: United States Mint
801 9th Street NW
8th Floor Board Room
Washington, D.C. 20220
Contact: Press inquiries: Michael White (202) 354-7222 Customer Service information: (800) USA MINT (872-6468)